07 July 2008

Foiled again

Dang - I had a pretty cool blog post typed up and was ready to spend the money to upload a picture or two (complete with people I refer to in them - just for Virginia!), but unfortunately the hostel I'm at has old computer. Old computers have USB ports in the back. The USB ports on this old computer does not have room for my card reader (well, unless I unplug the monitor, but that seems a bit pointless!).

So. Short story. Today I went hiking. Tonight I go walking around the forest in the dark listening to Maori legends and looking at massive kauri trees (or the shadows of them). Yesterday I spent the entire day with a Maori carver, creating my own bone carving! It turned out awesome! \

I am staying in a tiny town called Omapere. It is very relaxing. However, I may be leaving tomorrow. Maybe not too. I'm not sure yet. I'll post a large massive blog soon though :)

No comments: