02 June 2010

Going home in a month.

So. I've been a bit lazy with writing lately....obviously!  I have had a few ideas, but never got around to getting my fingers moving.  I think I've been in a bit of depression lately.  Probably most of it is to do with my complete lack of exercise, but it's REALLY hard to get out of bed when it's cold outside!  haha  I've also had a hard time lately thinking about my dad.  It's weird how random scenes in the cafe will make me want to cry over missing him!  Dave knows I've been having a hard time lately.

However, I'm doing much better now. I'm still slightly unmotivated for doing anything, but I am typing aren't I? (probably because the Australian Tax Office website won't cooperate with my application to get my money back (it crashed and won't reload the page) and Koshka the cat is sitting on my lap (finally after thinking about it all morning) and I don't want to move her. LOL).  Anyway, I think the reason I'm feeling heaps better is because I'm going home in a month!!!!!

Yep, in 4 weeks and 2 days I fly out of Auckland and head to Boise.  I'm not really looking forward to the flight or the LAX airport, but I am so excited to see my mom, sister, friends, family, and MY CAT!!!!! I can't wait to cuddle Yang!  Unfortunately, the visit is only for 8.5 days (plus 2 days of travel) :(  I'm afraid I just can't afford more time off work, and I'm a bit afraid I wouldn't have a job to come back to if I could afford more time off!  I wouldn't have even made the trip for such a short time, except mom wants me to visit as much as I do and she jumped at the chance to split the cost of the ticket with me. Granted, she did pay more than her half!  I soooo very much appreciate her help!!

I'll be several weeks to late for the family reunion my sister has planned, but I don't mind.  I'll be there for the 4th of July, which sounds like it will be at a cousins cabin - where I've never been!  Plus, I'll be home with family when 6 July rolls around....the day dad died last year.  Not a date to celebrate, but one that is hard to ignore. I look forward to remembering him without all the immediate sadness of his death.  I look forward to seeing my mom's garden.  I look forward to the hot summer sun.  I look forward to seeing my niece and nephew.  I'm just really looking forward to a vacation!!!!

No comments: