12 January 2012

Photo a week challenge

I went for a bike ride on the 2nd of January.  I took my camera.  The thought occurred to me that I NEVER take my camera anywhere anymore!  It's like I retired my camera from use since I settled in Thames!  Seriously, we didn't even think to take our cameras to the open day at the Rapaura Watergardens (which we liked so much we changed the country in which we are getting married!)

So as I rode towards the coastal walkway I thought to myself, I should start taking a photo a day.  Then I should put it on my blog!  Then I decided a blog a day is WAY to ambitious, especially for a new year's resolution (no point dooming a resolution to failure!).  So I decided a photo a week would be much more plausible.

But...here I am, 12 January.  Nearly 2 weeks into the new year and no photos!  But, I have posted several other blogs related to the wedding, so it's not all a wash.

Dave and I went for a bike ride this late morning. (The 2nd sunny/nice day in nearly 3 weeks of rain). I took my camera!  I've decided that people reading my blog for wedding info might like seeing different pictures of New Zealand in order to remind them why they are saving large quantities of money for travel :)

So, without further ado, I am introducing my photo a week challenge!  With a bonus photo today (to catch up for last week, and to make up for all the ramblings above).


12 January: "The Swing Bridge" (though the swing bridge has not existed in this location for more than 30 years), a local swimming hole ~ 15 minute bike ride from our house

2 January:  "Small Gauge Pohutukawas"  Taken along the coastal walkway in town.  The Pohutukawa in the foreground is blooming, the ones in the back have lost their petals.....note the red color beneath the trees are the fallen petals.

No comments: