27 September 2009

Goodbye to Cunderdin

Well.... Here I go... Back to the world of travelling! I'm nervous, sad, excited…. I’m OVERPACKED!!!! Far out! I make the worst backpacker! Oh well, it’s manageable.

I catch my train to Kalgoorlie in less than an hour. Brian has lent us his car, Cat (Catherine, the Irish backpacker that’s been here almost 4 weeks) will drop me off at the station before work. Tasha (Natasha, from England, just arrived Friday afternoon to be my replacement). I am extremely stoked that I won’t be walking my bags to the station!!!!!

Anyway… as I hoped in my last blog – here are some pictures. First are pictures from my going away celebration Friday night. I don’t have any pictures from Saturday night, because there wasn’t much on in town or at the pub. We closed the doors near 10 maybe? Brian bought us girls rounds for over an hour. It was a great time to chat with Brian, Backy (co-owner of pub), Cat, and Tasha. We had lots of laughs!



Aaron (Tomo), Will (the butcher), and Craig (Fish)











Adrian and Me









Claire and Me












Lynn and me in front of the Pitstop Diner (she gave me a free ice cream cone after that!)





Lynn and Glynn, next to their Harley. They own the Pitstop Diner (cheap internet, good coffee, friendly service ;-)







Brian












Tchae's Kitchen (she wouldn't let me photograph her)








Tahsa (left) and Cat (right, obviously)





Two birds that will dive bomb you if you get to close to the nest next to the bottleshop ... Just met them today!



Ooops - I somehow lost the two pictures I was going to post with Flat Eli! :( I can't add them now... to little time to move things around. Guess I'll just have to post another Flat Eli update sometime!

No comments: