12 May 2012

Knitting: photo a week challenge

I relearned to knit this week!  I have craft dates with Dave's mum every Thursday and this Thursday she tutored me in knitting.  So, Friday afternoon I decided to keep with my sedentary mood and start the shawl project I had yarn for. Little did I know that wrapping the yarn into a ball would be just about as much work as the knitting process!!!! I think it took me an hour and a half to wrap and untangle the thin, sticky yarn I am using!  But, I now have a large ball of lovely yarn....it looks just ready for a kitty to come knock around!

11 May: The beginning.....

After finally corralling all my yarn into a tidy ball, the next step was obviously to start the knitting.  Okay, maybe wrapping the yarn won't be the most time consuming part of the project......see that little triangle of work on the right needle?  Yep, that's about an hours worth of knitting!  This is going to be a long project......

No comments: