03 June 2012

Bougainvillea: Photo a Week Challenge

I was again going to take a picture of the hibiscus in our neighborhood, but I became distracted with this nearby bougainvillea instead. It's not an amazing picture, and I'm disappointed at how bad my closeups came.  Do I not have the patience, or is the camera actually getting worse? Someday...I'll play more with manual focus options...  Not today though.  Today was a just a quick walk to get his picture and get it posted before heading to Auckland. (I'm meeting my first family to land in NZ in 3 years!)

3 June: Bougainvillea in the sky

I am pleased with the blue sky background though. Similar to last weeks flower photo.  It's so nice to see that even as the temperature drops further (we've had frozen windscreens one morning) there are still beautiful flowers to brighten the day!

No comments: