16 July 2012

Greenhouse!: Photo a week challenge

Monday is here again!  I've gradually shifted from posting this blog Saturday morning before starting the weekend to Sunday evening after completing a busy weekend to Monday, because I keep forgetting post a freaking blog! LOL  This weeks pictures was taken yesterday....so I'm not sure which week it actually belongs to, but.....

I bought some old windows last spring.  I used them as a kind of greenhouse shelter for my seedlings.  I leaned them against the house with the seeds behind.  There was a lot of airflow, but it warmed them and sheltered them a bit.

So, this year I wanted to have a proper greenhouse!  I'm hoping to get it finished by the time I go to the USA next month.  I'm hoping to even have a few seedlings in it! (Dave says he'll water them for me).  I have only 3 weekends left before hitting the states, so this last weekend was a big one for getting the greenhouse assembled (as I still have much painting to finish).  Dave spent half a day working (for pay) Saturday morning and then went shopping with me to pick up timber, plywood, and hardware.  We then spent the majority of Sunday in the shed cutting and measuring.....okay, I didn't do any cutting or measuring, I just stood around and lended a hand when necessary (holding timber while it was cut, moving the plywood sheets, etc etc).  To be honest, it was pretty boring!  But, since Dave was giving up his time to do this for me I wasn't going to leave him all alone while I went and read my book!  We were also trying to get this done quickly so it was done well before dark, therefore I didn't get to try my hand at drilling our screwing (this is what Dave does for a living, so he's FAST and I'm sssssllllllooooowwwww).

Anyhow.....this is the end result of yesterdays work!  It will look heaps better when there are plants in it, but it's crazy big!
14 July: Mel's greenhouse....built by Dave

No comments: