20 May 2008

Out of touch

Greetings to all my overseas readers,

I'm afraid to say that I may not be blogging much anymore. The cost of internet connection at my new hostel is $2.50 per 1/2 hour. Across the the way, where I am now, it's $2 per 1/2 hour! What a rip, and there's no WiFi. I might be able to use my thumb drive to get picture over though.

I made the treck to the hostel - my pack was carriable, it was the messenger bag on my belly that was hard to maneuver around. But I made it. Didn't even sit down once. I will definitley be starting my hiking boot search again though - I think my tail shoes probably lost 1/2 an inch from all the weight (40 pounds total maybe?). Made beds and vacuumed today. Shed a couple tears for leaving my old "home" and still not knowing anyone. Guess it's just all catching up to me, particularly with not having the constant internet to escape into to. I may not be able to talk directly with anyone, but the contant e-mail still makes me feel less lonely. I've really appreciated all the responses I've gotten from my mass e-mail. Unfortunately I didn't get some of the undeliverable addresses sorted out before losing my free stuff.

I am more pleased than ever to have a coffee date set up tonight. I don't expect a long term friendship, but someone to chat with will be fun; and tomorrow will be a better day.

Cheers to you all, I'll try to share happy news soon,
mel

No comments: