27 May 2008

Tuesday morning

Good Morning.

It’s been a couple more uneventful days here in Auckland, a few more days of being antsy. I spent all Sunday in the hostel. I know it sounds lame, but I had a TON of beds to change and then my laundry to do. It started raining in the evening. So I got quite a bit of reading done!
Yesterday I had only a few beds to do. I finally picked up my bank card, and they convinced me to open a savings account; so I didn’t have all of my “eggs in one basket” (yes, she said this). I wondered around my old neighbourhood of Parnell, and then it started raining again. I was smart enough to bring a raincoat with me, so I didn’t get to wet. I stopped at a Starbucks during the heaviest part of the rain. I purchased a very intense sugar rush – white hot chocolate a triple choc. cookie. I’m surprised my stomach didn’t ache or my head didn’t hurt after all that! Unfortunately, their WIFI wasn’t working – at least the free one wasn’t. I wasn’t about to pay $10 for an hour!!

On my way towards the library I ran into a guy taking a picture of his car, in front of another hostel. I asked if he was selling. We talked. I rode with him to get his WOF (warranty of fitness – all cars must have, they won’t give them to you if something major is wrong; i.e. brakes, windshield, tyres, etc – yes, that is how they spell tires here!) They didn’t have time to get his car in for WOF when I was there, so Flavio drove me to the library and we talked about the car. It’s okay, but I’ll definitely keep looking – although I’ll probably test drive it today, it will be the first time I’ve driven here!!

While my day will not be to exciting – no idea what I’ll be doing after I finish maiding – my evening will be excellent. I’m going to Priscilla!! Opening night!! I can’t wait to see how people dress up. I can’t wait to see the show! My roommate is quite excited too.

All details will be posted tomorrow!

No comments: